16th March 2020
This page will be for providing guidance and local information for Totnes and locality and will be updated with any new information as available.
- The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or high temperature. If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started. You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
- Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
- To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands or use a hand sanitising gel.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
- Please only buy what you need when shopping. Bulk buying is anti-social and will cause hardship to someone else.
- If you are able, make contact with neighbours (especially those living alone) and provide them with contact details should they need assistance.
have updated their working practices and advice to patients outlined on their website: LINKED HERE
Help & Volunteers.
Many people have volunteered to assist each other. The Totnes Help Hub have collated an online document with live data of people who will respond with help.
The World Health Organisation advice is further reaching, clearer and more stringent that UK Government at the moment.
FOLLATON STORES DELIVER IN THE FOLLATON AREA – CALL 01803 849191
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any services or information that would assist the local community.